This is the online documentation for the IBM Cloudant Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS), all intended to help you get going quickly.
- Cloudant Offerings: The IBM Cloudant DBaaS is available in a variety of offerings, all described in this section.
- Cloudant Basics: If it’s your first time using Cloudant or NoSQL databases, scan this quick overview section before you read further. It tells you the basic things you need to know about IBM Cloudant. The rest of the documentation assumes you know these basics.
- Client Libraries: Client libraries are toolkits that let you develop your own applications, ready to work with Cloudant databases.
- Cloudant API reference: The API reference is a comprehensive and living catalog of Cloudant’s capabilities. You can find detailed information about the things you can do with Cloudant. You can also try database requests from within your browser.
- Guides: These guides go into detail about use cases and more complex activities and problems. The guides also explore some of the important concepts behind the mechanics of a Cloudant database.
Cloudant is built on best-of-breed open source technologies, and we’re heavy committers to the technology we rely on. We’re also open about our documentation. If it’s not working for you, it’s not working for us. Please make contributions or share suggestions through Cloudant Labs on GitHub. This content is built using an extended version of Slate.